Window Replacement Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you’re buying replacement windows for the first time or it’s been a while, the process can seem daunting. So we’ve developed this helpful FAQ page to guide you on your journey. Don’t worry, we’ll be here every step of the way to help you find the right windows that meet your needs, tastes, and budget. Read through our frequently asked questions for extra help and give us a call to schedule an appointment for your window replacement services throughout the New York Metro Area. We look forward to working with you!
How do I choose replacement window glass?
There are many new advanced, modern features available in your windows. Most of them are centered around improving energy efficiency in your home. These options then help you decrease your monthly energy bills and eliminate drafts, keeping your family comfortable throughout every season. Some of the most common options to improve your energy efficiency are:
- Double-paned windows that have a pocket of air between them for added insulation
- Triple-paned windows with two pockets of air
- Argon gas in-fill for slower heat transfer
- Low-E glass coatings to reflect heat back rather than absorb it
- Warm-edge spacers to reduce heat transfer around the perimeter
How do I choose a window frame material?
There are four main window frame materials to choose from when selecting new window replacements. They each have their own advantage. We’ll help you find the right material that meets your needs and budget.
- Vinyl: Vinyl windows are the most popular due to their affordability, efficiency, and relatively low maintenance.
- Fiberglass: Fiberglass is more costly than vinyl but also offers supreme performance, durability, and lack of maintenance and repair needs.
- Aluminum: Aluminum is mostly suited for commercial windows that see frequent use, wear, and tear. Its sturdy and reliable construction protects your assets.
- Wood & Clad Wood: Wood, especially when the exterior is clad in aluminum, provides the most aesthetic flexibility along with great performance and low maintenance.
What are the benefits of replacing my windows?
There are many short- and long-term benefits of replacing your current windows with modern, efficient windows. They include:
- Lowered energy bills
- Less frequent operation of your air conditioner and furnace
- Little or no maintenance required
- Eliminate drafts
- Easier to clean
- Increased resale value of your home
- Elegant and professional look adds curb appeal
Will I need to repaint my interior walls?
Our team of installers is very careful not to damage existing walls and your property. You will not have to worry about repainting your interior walls. However, in some rare cases, we may need wider interior casings to guarantee that your paint lines won’t be affected.
When is the best time for replacement windows?
We work throughout any season to install your new windows. However, certain times are better to replace your windows. For example, caulk cures better in warmer temperatures. Spring and Summer are some of the most popular times we conduct our services. Make sure to schedule your window replacements well ahead to secure your appointment.
My windows and doors are rather old. Will replacing them with newer models give me legitimate savings on my heating and air conditioning bills?
Yes! Old windows and doors are notorious for being drafty, letting in and out air, requiring you to run your air conditioner and furnace more frequently. New windows will immediately lower your energy bills, and you will notice a more comfortable environment every season.
How do I know new windows and doors I purchase are energy efficient?
Every product we sell is designed to maximize energy efficiency. The different materials and styles determine how efficient they are versus your budget.
Are there times when windows and doors just need repairing and not replacing?
Yes. During our initial consultation and inspection, we can go over the condition of your windows and help you determine the best course of action. Sometimes, if your windows aren’t very old and your seals are still intact, you may only need minor repairs instead of full replacements.
Contact Us Today
Ready to schedule your new window replacements? Contact our team today to get started! We have a wide variety of materials, sizes, styles, and capabilities available to make sure you maximize looks and energy efficiency in your home’s new windows.